We launched on Thursday. It was an exciting moment and we had 20 knot winds whipping chop straight into the haul out slip which made backing out extremely nerve racking. Luckily Ellie behaved and backed out straight enough for me to point her bow towards the gap in the reef before being pushed onto the rocks by the increasing N wind. We booked it out of there as fast as we could and made for Tahaa that afternoon. We are planning on sailing for Bora Bora tomorrow morning and should arrive in time for the Bastille Day celebrations on Monday.
We were able to get a two week visa extension so we have until the 20th to sail out of French Polynesia. We have enjoyed our time in FP but we are ready to leave. We’re over the ridiculous prices and frankly the French culture is not so enjoyable.
At this point the itinerary includes: Bora Bora, Maupiti, Mopelia, Suwarrow, Samoa and then Tonga and possibly Fiji. After Tonga/Fiji we have to get out of the cyclone area so that means sailing north or south. We’re still deciding where to go.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Here are some pics of the launch and Ellie’s new paint!